Hot Toys: Ridiculously Want-able

If you've been around the action figure community or the doll collecting community at any point in the past few years, it's more than likely that you've heard of Hot Toys. This is a range of primarily 1/6 scale action figures that are based on popular media properties and often portray characters from these properties, modeled after the actors who portray them. They're often highly realistic figures, and have a high price tag to properly reflect the work that has gone into creating these items.

Now, when I say 'high', I am doing so from the point of view of someone who has admittedly not laid out the money for a resin BJD. I've heard that in comparison, Hot Toys can seem relatively inexpensive, but from my point of view... Yeah, they're kind of the pricey side. Looking at pictures is often a case of extreme want and then the price reminds me very much why I do not already have one of these figures

And yet... And yet the want does not leave. I don't actually know if there's a proper name to assign to this, but we all have it for something. That dream holiday, that designer clothing piece, there's just always that thing out of our price range that we want despite it all. For me, it tends to fall in Hot Toys. I mean, yes there's the dream holiday and stuff like that but I'm focusing on the frivolous here. For the past couple of years at the very least, I keep going back to look at this one


Well... between that one and this one:


Basically I keep going to look at the Loki Hot Toys and I really don't seem to know why. Will I ever be able to afford one? Eh, probably not. The first one is really marked up on the secondary market, and the same is true of the second. With the new movie coming out, it's entirely possible that I might be able to get one but again those prices (and they've went up since those two came out so... yeah.)

What's the point of this post? Basically an excuse to post the pictures. Maybe I'll get lucky enough in my life to be able to own at Hot Toys at some point. I'm generally always saving to hopefully put towards one, and always looking out for some amazing deal online. (Aren't we all for anything, really?) I just don't know if it'll ever happen.

Who knows, eh?

Comments