[Meme] Random Questions

1) If someone wanted to really understand you, what would they read, watch, and listen to?
READ: Peter Pan, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Discworld, Les Misérables, Harry Potter, The Worst Witch, Battle Royale, Ms. Marvel, The Addams Family, Private Eye, Matilda, Neverwhere,

WATCH: Doctor Who, The Addams Family, The Worst Witch, Blackadder, Xena: Warrior Princess, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Young Ones, Horrible Histories, Lilo and Stitch, Legally Blonde, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, The Muppets Show, Galavant, Monty Python,

LISTEN: Queen, Halestorm, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, Meat Loaf, Alice Cooper, blink-182, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Kerry Ellis, HorrorPops,

2) Have you ever found a writer who thinks just like you? if so, who? Hm, I'd say Pratchett, but it's more he influenced a lot of my thinking to be very fair... I don't really know if there is an answer to this one?

3) List your fandoms and one character from each that you identify with.
Addams Family: Wednesday Addams
Doctor Who: Bill Potts/Donna Noble
Blackadder: Captain Edmund Blackadder
Discworld: Susan Sto Helit/Granny Weatherwax/Sam Vimes
Disney: Merida

4) Do you like your name? Is there another name you think would fit you better? No, not really? My name is my name and I'm pretty sure that I've grown to fit it over the years. It's a good name, and I like it. I mean, it was never fun growing up, because it's not exactly a name that was common in my area so it's not on those personalised things, but still. I like my name.

5) Do you think of yourself as a human being or a human doing? Do you identify yourself by the things you do? ... I have not heard the phrase human doing since... maybe the mid-90s? Is it still a thing that gets said? I didn't think it was still a thing that got said.

6) Are you religious/spiritual? In a sense, yes.

7) Do you care about your ethnicity? In a way, yeah. I will point out I'm Scottish before I'm British and so on but ... apart from that, it's eh.

8) What musical artists have you most felt connected to over your lifetime? Kind of always Queen? Like I may have drifted away from them for a while but then I drifted back and it was ... IDK how to explain it but yeah, Queen. Halestorm are probably my favourite current band though - Lzzy Hale's voice is amazing.

9) Are you an artist? I write, and I sew, and I occasionally draw. I have a very cartoon-y style that shows a lot of influence from artists like Quentin Blake and Bruce Timm if I'm totally honest with you all...

10) Do you have a creed? I have a moral code, does that count?

11) Describe your ideal day. Peaceful, with no panicking or feeling ovewhelmed. Able to actually do stuff without feeling too anxious about everything. Nothing special, really.

12) Dog person or cat person? Dogs.

13) Inside or outdoors? Mostly indoors.

14) Are you a musician? Erm, I'm incredibly rusty on both but I can play piano and clarient. Never took any grades for either but... yeah. I was also in choir.

15) Five most influential books over your lifetime. ... Just Discworld for all five? No, okay so that can be one... erm Good Omens, The Handmaid's Tale, Living Dolls, annnnd... Peter Pan. Look, it was the first book I ever read that didn't have pictures.

16) If you’d grown up in a different environment, do you think you’d have turned out the same? No? Environment shapes you. Who I am today is entirely a product of the environment I grew up in.

17) What’s your patronus? Dragon. Nah, it's probably a dog to be honest.

18) Which Harry Potter house would you be in? Or are you a muggle? I have always been sorted into Gryffindor, and yeah that's my house. Though tbh? I'm a Cackles' Girl.

19) Would you rather be in Middle Earth, Narnia, Hogwarts, or somewhere else? Cackles Academy for Witches, thanks. I'd rather avoid the fatality rates of the others...

20) Do you love easily? I ... don't actually know? The whole emotion thing can be a bit hard at time but I know I can fall for things and fandoms quite easily.

21) List the top five things you spend the most time doing, in order. And I'm not doing it in order. Because.
- Sleeping
- Reading
- Tidying
- Researching
- General work

22) How often would you want to see your family every year? As often as I currently do? I guess it would be nice to see some of them a little more, but we're pretty spread out. My immediate family I see quite often. My friends-who-I-consider-as-family I wish I could see a lot more often than I do.

23) Have you ever felt like you had a “mind-meld” with someone? Couple of my really close friends, yeah

24) Could you live as a hermit? I do eventually need interaction with others or I kind of fold into myself a bit and that's not good for my mental state. So it would be a no.

25) How would you describe your gender/sexuality? Female. Somewhere on the asexual spectrum?

26) Do you feel like your outside appearance is a fair representation of the “real you?” ... I don't know? I really don't and that feels odd to say. I don't even think I can explain why I don't know except a vague flailing and an admittance I try to keep the weirder me quiet because it can be a bit full on and ... yeah.

27) On a scale from 1 to 10, how hard is it for someone to get under your skin? Lower end of the scale.

28) Three songs that you connect with right now.
"Rock and Roll" - Avril Lavigne - I don't know why exactly, but this keeps coming into my head at the oddest points
"Old School" - Hedley - It just... fits my mood a lot
"When I Grow Up" - Matilda the Musical - I still feel like I've got a lot to work out to be a grown up...

29) Pick one of your favorite quotes. The Doctor : "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."

Comments