Review: First Prize for the Worst Witch

First Prize for the Worst Witch First Prize for the Worst Witch by Jill Murphy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

According to rumours, First Prize for the Witch Witch will be the last book written for Mildred Hubble and her adventures at Cackles. I have to admit, that this rumour is one of those ones that made me a little sad. The Worst Witch has been an oddly present franchise throughout my life, and it will be sad to see the end of it. The being said, Jill Murphy has made sure that she has ended her series on a high.

Things are finally going right for Mildred Hubble. Thanks to finding her lucky guardian dog, Star, her flying is finally up to scratch, and with that, there's been an improvement all round in her marks at classes. Even the teachers are noticing that she puts effort in more now. However, not everyone is pleased about this - in particularly, Ethel is not happy to see her rival doing so well. As a result? She's looking for any way she can to stop this run of success for Mildred, and put the status quo back to what she considers to be the right way.

While these books are never going to be considered classic lit, there are delightful little reads. It's hard not to smile when picking up one of these books and reading through them, and that goes for both old and new fans. It's well worth the cost of getting it, and I can guarantee it will make you smile.

And, yeah. I'm glad I purchased it.

View all my reviews

Comments