Review: Legal Drug Omnibus

Legal Drug Omnibus Legal Drug Omnibus by CLAMP
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Legal Drug was a book that kept appearing in my Amazon recommendations, despite the fact I had no idea what it was, or what it was about. The summary of it made it seem interesting enough, though, and I have enjoyed what other CLAMP works I've read, so I felt it was a safe enough pick up.

The manga follows Kazahaya Kudo who was saved by another boy called Rikuo Himura and now they both live and work at the Green Drugstore. They don't just give out medication and other such things though, thanks to their own secrets powers they are dispatched into missions of the paranormal by the store's owner, Kakei.

Honestly? This series is a bit of a trip and I do not mean in the sense you would assume given the title, though it does feel like it could be fitting there too. The trips into the paranormal seem vague and we never really get any answers about... anything in the story. What lead Kudo to be lying out in the snow? What is Rikuo searching for this person? What exactly is Kakei up to? There's absolutely no answers and yet... it doesn't seem to matter? It feels like we're just popping in to see some moments in these people's lives, and that's fine. We don't get answers, because that's not the point yet.

I am aware the work continues in Drug and Drop, so I'm looking forward to picking that up to read.

The art is stunning though, as you would come to expect of a CLAMP work. Just very much an odd experience that really should be read to be understood and to draw your own conclusions on.

View all my reviews

Comments