Comic Marts

I'm just in from one of the Big Glasgow Comic Page's frequent comic marts. This was the all-ages one at the Buff Club. I've got to admit to you all, I really do love the whole convention scene. I love that sharing of geek behaviour, that celebrating of all things that making being into the whole sci-fi/fantasy/other media stuff such fun. But here's the thing: conventions can be big, and kind of isolating. With a comic mart? You don't have that worry at all.

I've been to three to date. I have already made a ton of friends at them, and whenever I go to one, it's a welcoming, friendly atmosphere in a way that really has to be believed to be seen. Okay, sorry, I'll stop quoting the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory musical, even though I really am looking forward to seeing it.

Now; after having an awesome day of crazy cosplay fun, I am tired and may have a brief nap. All good things.

Comments