The Lion King Musical Plush

Another day, another post. I want to apologise in advance for this post not actually having all that much in the way of photographs. Unfortunately my digital camera is refusing to cooperate at the current moment, and we're waiting on a new memory card to arrive for it. I actually think the plan is to get hold of a new camera for the family, and I think I'll be allowed to keep hold of the old one, which would be nice if it happens. But yes, a review of sorts!

Now, these are ... probably what I could label as my first 'adult' collectables, in that I wasn't a little kid when I got them, but I was still in compulsory education, so make of that what you will. We were down for a trip in London, and our parents were watching our spending money, and offered to buy myself and brother boy a gift each. I can't quite remember what he chose; but this is what I chose. This was from the actual physical store of Dress Circle. That store is closed now, but the website is still running, and really is a great place to get theatre related goodies!


I think if you click on the picture, you'll get a bigger image. Not sure. Anyway, my choice at Dress Circle was Simba and Nala from the line of The Lion King Musical plush bean bag ... things. I don't know exactly what they call them. They're now available for purchase on the Disney Store site, but when I got mine you could only get them at the theatre, or at Dress Circle.

Simba is made of a good, sturdy material, that feels very nice to the touch. His facial design is based on the adult Simba headdress mask used in the show, and the simple design is, I think, really pleasing to the eye. His mane refuses to stay straight up, but it can be adjusted to do so, if you've got the patience for it. I personally really like the leather-like cuffs he wears. His 'clothing' is inspired, I believe, by tribal designs and traditional African artwork. I think. Not entirely sure on that, so don't quote me.


Nala is equally as gorgeous, and her light coloured material really stands out next to the darker Simba. Fun fact; in actual prides, it is lions with darker colouring that are seen as the most attractive as a parent or pride leader. This knowledge kind of does make me question the choices for design in the animated Lion King movie, but I know Disney have colour-coding for their villains. It does seem to be changing in recent years, so that's a cool thing. Nala's much brighter design helps her to stand out on stage when among the other lionesses, and it does the same for when she's sitting among the collection of plush. She's a little shorter than Simba, but personally I think she's the more eye-catching of the two.

... Okay, so I've still got some ways to go on trying to learn how to review. It's a step by step process here, people. Hopefully my camera will cooperate with me soon, and we'll have something more substantial. I hope you liked the few pictures there were, and this at least made you a little interested in looking into these plush a little more.

Comments

  1. Wow, those two are so cool! (It's Nella from DolliehSanctuary by the way)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Hi Nella, lovely to see you. I hope - once the camera issues stop being so much of an issue - to do a further, more detailed review. They really are awesome plush though, I'd recommend them to anyone.

      Delete

Post a Comment