Today I Went to the Disney Store

So today, 22nd June 2014, it was decided that we would go into town early in the morning, with one of our first stops being the Disney Store. And by early in the morning, I mean in time for most of the shops opening. Which is actually one of the best times to go; if I'm honest. There's much less in the way of crowds, and the shops are always easier to get around. Well, most of the time, anyway. Today it was actually kind of busy. I digress.

So if you've ever been to the Disney Store for it opening, you'll know it's got this little ritual type thing is does, where they get some kid to unlock the magic in the store, before it can be officially 'open'. Today was an amazing day. I got to be the person who unlocked the magic.

It shouldn't have made me as happy as it did, but here's the thing. I ended up in hospital the night I was meant to be going to DisneyLand Paris. I took a major panic attack, so major that they thought it might have been a heart attack. Not even kidding. But getting to open the store today, to unlock the magic? It was like getting a little taste of the magic I missed when going to Disney Paris.

I'm still hoping I'll get to Disney Paris one day, but until then... I've always got my special key, just in case Tink ever needs it.


Comments