Monster High Freaky Fusion Avea Trotter Review


Apologies in advance again, because we're not going to have many pictures. I did take quite a few, but not a lot of them came out useable - stupid light changes - so we'll need to go with what I can say. And yes, I know a few blogs have reviewed Avea already, but she's the only Freaky Fusion I have, and I'd like to give my opinion on the state of things.

Okay, so from my understanding, the Freaky Fusion line introduces us to the Hybrids - monsters who are a mix of two monsters. Avea is a mix of a harpy and a centaur. Judging by the diary entries - checking the MH wiki - hybrids are not easily accepted by the rest of the monster population. Thus, the four in the line come to Monster High hoping to find acceptance. There's an upcoming movie, but I don't really watch the movies. I did watch the webisodes for a little; but they got kind of ... eh.

The boxes for the Freaky Fusion line have a very jagged appearance, which doesn't actually hinder getting the doll out of the package at all. In fact, it actually look me less time to get Avea here out of her box than it did for me to get some of the few other Monsters I own.


The cushion was just there to lean her against as, although she can stand on her own, I don't particularly have much good luck with that type of thing. As you can see, Avea is purple in colour, with some blue and green on her wings. Her front legs are articulated much more than the back, and you've got to make sure they're all standing just right before she will stand on her own. This particular Avea had some really brilliant hair just out of the box, so there isn't much needed in the way of treatment


A little washed out - that would be the flash but believe me, taking the picture without flash ended up far worse. Her face paint is really well done. A few of the ones we looked at were nice, but there were inconsistencies with the eye paint. Well, not that I spotted, but the Mum is far better at this than I am, and she spotted the problems. I really do like her hat.

And.... yeah, that's about the most I can say. Articulation - like with all Monster High dolls - is fantastic, and this one is especially brilliant, having the front legs being articulated as well. I'm a little confused as to why there is riding gear on Avea when she mentions in her diary that she hates being ridden, but putting it down to simply enjoying the look. MH isn't the greatest on continuity, anyway. I mean that with great liking but it's true.

Also, she has a cutie mark.


Bet you thought I was kidding.

Comments

  1. Ooh, congratulations! She's a very unique concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, let me apologise for taking so long to get back to your reply. I've been on holiday, and haven't really had regular internet access. Well, I was in London, so I was spending most of my time out and about so... yeah

      Secondly; thank you for the comment! I really do like the concept of the Hybrids, and may pick up the boy one if I can come across him. I think I could get him online easier - the local toy store seems to have him on stock on the websites - but usually when I doll shop, the Mum comes with me to be critical of the face-up. She's very good at it.

      Delete
  2. Monster High Freaky Fusion Avea Trotter Review. Apologies in advance again, because we're not going to have many pictures. I did take quite ... monsterhighfreakyfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment