Disney Plush and Me: The Muppets

Okay, so I did mention that I was going to do this at some point. Just happened that I decided to start on it sooner rather than later. This is going to be a semi recurring series known as "Disney Plush and Me", hence the title really. It is NOT meant to be a bragging post, but rather me expressing my good fortune, and trying to tell the stories as best as I can behind each plush, and their meaning to me. I thought we'd start with a franchise that has been in my life as long as I can remember, and has provided me with some of the funniest moments of my television and film viewing history: the Muppets!


Kermit was the first of the Disney Store Muppet Plush I ever received, and probably one of the ones I will treasure the most. You see, round about the time I was got Kermit, I was going through a very difficult time. I am not going to go into details because some things are personal and not meant for the blog, but needless to say it just was not a good time for me. The Mum realised this, and without me knowing, went on to the Disney Store website. A week later... I was unboxing Kermit. He is ridiculously soft to the touch, and his face is perfectly Kermit. Considering I mentally associate Kermit with good things, it's not a surprise that his arrival did do some good to cheer me up a bit. I thought Kermit would be my only Muppet... oh how I was mistaken.


Where there is a Kermit, expect Miss Piggy to make her grand entrance. Miss Piggy was bought for me by the Brother, who was actually planning on getting me Animal, but the store didn't have him in stock, and didn't know when or if they'd get him back in. Animal was popular, you see. I didn't care, Miss Piggy is fabulous. Her hair is a little crazy due to the Brother thinking it needed a comb, but, again, I don't care because Miss Piggy! She's the tallest of the Muppets I have, and certainly the queen of them all. Now if only Kermit would pop the question, she'd be so much happier.


Animal! Yes, the Brother did manage to find an Animal to get me. (Just in case you are wondering, yes I do get him stuff in return for his getting me stuff, it just happens that half of the time the stuff I get him are just new t-shirts that he wants) This was just after Christmas the year Brave came out. We had popped over to one of the smaller Disney Stores - now closed - which was pretty much filled with ALL sale items. I did manage to pick up a couple of plush myself there, and on the shelf, the Brother found Animal and promptly bought him, Animal is one of my favourite Muppets and this is a very faithful rendition of him. Actually, I think it's possibly the best rendition in plush format.


Rowlf! Probably my all-time favourite Muppet, Rowlf the Dog came to live with me when my old, old bear - well not that old, it's the same age as me - needed to go into the bear hospital for some much needed repairs. Due to reasons I'm not willing to talk about, I kind of rely on the bear. Thus the thought of being without him was one that caused much panic in me. As such, the Mum and the Dad made a trip into the Disney Store, and came home with Rowlf the Dog. He's the only Muppet that sits out on a regular basis; while the others may be on rotation, Rowlf remains sitting out, happy with his spot at the end of the bed.


Wokka wokka! Fozzie is my most recent Muppets plush and, for the current moment in time, my last. It's not that I don't like Walter and Gonzo, it's more that they're never in the store when I go looking. Anyway! Fozzie was half bought by the Brother, half bought by me. We split our money on Fozzie, and a game he wanted. It seemed fairer. Fozzie is adorable, and his bow is very silky. I look at him, and I can hear the bad jokes he's always telling, and I start to giggle lightly to myself.

So! That's my Muppets plush! ... Sorry if any of this sounded like bragging. I honestly promise you, not at all the intent. I just want to share stories with you.

Comments

  1. Hi, great post! The Muppets are wonderful, I enjoyed watching that show so much as a kid, and I still love them :-). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post! The Muppets are one of those things that are enjoyable for any age, I find. There's a lot of clever humour present that is respectful to everyone.

      Delete

Post a Comment