It's My Birthday Today

Hee, I love getting to quote fandoms without people realising. And yes, while the statement is entirely true - the 14th August is my birthday - it is also a quote from a series 2 episode of the show Press Gang. For those of you who don't know what Press Gang is... you poor, poor souls. Quick, run to Google, and check Youtube. It was the first thing Steven Moffat ever wrote and is certainly the best thing he ever wrote. (And yes, I'm one of those people who doesn't mind his era of Doctor Who, though I will stand up and go 'dude' at the more problematic aspects of it). Press Gang has Lynda Day who is one of the single coolest and most badass females who have ever graced the television screen and seriously, you need to check this show out.

All in all, it's been an... odd day. It doesn't really feel like a birthday, but I'm putting that down to the very exhausting time the family and I have had lately. It's not really been all that fun over here, peoples. But the family have done their best to make today a good day for me, and I really do appreciate their efforts.

Yes, there will be birthday haul posts. At least, for any gifts that related to a doll or toy related nature over the next few weeks - remember, I tend to schedule my reviews so they're staggered a bit. I ... don't actually know why I do this apart from to make sure that I do have consistent updates on at least one blog. I did mostly get books and a couple of DVDs - which will get reviewed when I get around to reading and watching respectively. But there were some dolly/toy related items.

Hoping you're all keeping good. We're having terrible weather here at the moment - just today I've been caught in heavy, sudden bursts of rain at least five times. I mean, they only last about five minutes at a time, but it is heavy rain.

Hugs to you all, and keep an eye out for the upcoming posts!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hey! Sorry it's taken me a few days to reply. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  2. I'm a bit late, but happy birthday and I look forward to follow your blog :-) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday greetings! And thank you for following my blog! I hope that my posts entertain you a little, and feel free to make comments on everything and anything! I like chatting.

      Delete

Post a Comment