Sailor Jupiter by Bandai's S.H.Figuarts

So I am a fan of Sailor Moon. Have been since I was a kid, but it's only really been in the last year or so that I've gotten anything to do with it. This is because of the 20th anniversary, and Bandai deciding to release new merchandise. Which included fully articulated figures in their S.H.Figuarts line. Now, I'm a fan of the Figuarts, I've got some Kamen Rider and some Sentai figures (actually have my favourite Sentia team in Figuarts and that took a while to complete). So when I heard about the Sailor Moon releases, well I had to get at least all of the inner senshi. (Oh, and yes, I really like the live action show, probably a bit more than the original anime, but my favourite iteration is the original manga)


And as you can clearly see, I did quite well at getting most of them. They came in the following order: Moon, Mercury, Mars and Venus. The reason Luna and Artemis are both standing with Sailor Moon is... because I felt like it really. Also people keep bumping into the desk and Venus keeps tipping, so I didn't want to lose Artemis. Well, just recently arrived in the mail (okay, the 28th July, which is when I am writing, but I queue because I care) was the last of the inner Senshi: Sailor Jupiter!


Like the other Sailor Sneshi boxes, Jupiter's continues in the pattern of being brightly coloured, and having almost a pop art style to it. Her base colour is green, fitting with her own colour in the line up. This is the Japanese release, so there is a gold sticker on it. (Moon, Mercury and Mars were imported from the US using Crunchyroll, Venus and Jupiter and still to come Saturn are via CDJapan).


It's times like this that I really wish I could read Japanese. I am doing my best to learn; it's just that it's a long slog, and the various kanji can be hard to remember. Basically, though, the back of the box just tells us a bit more about the figure, and shows off some of the poses that it can do.


Alright, it was time to open up the box, and slip out the figure. On the side of Figuarts boxes, there is usually a description of what the Figuarts line is meant to achieve: "pursuing character expression through humanoid action". In other words; you want a really well articulated figure? Well you've come to the right place! Okay, okay, sometimes there are joint issues, but majority of the time there's no problems at all.


The Sailor Scouts all come with their own personalised stands. This is mostly because it can be a little difficult to get them to stand on their own due to the tiny little feet. Not impossible, but unless you have the magic balancing figures skills, you will probably be there for a while trying to get it to stand.


Here's the stand put together. Nothing much to say about it really, its something that does it goes, and works well. I like that you can adjust the waist grip bit, and wish some more stands (looking at you Mattel) would employ this method with the stands they provide. It does its job well, and tat's pretty much all you can say about it. So, moving on.


Jupiter and her extra features! She comes with five extra pairs of hands, three extra face plates, and another bangs set that feature the antenna bit of her tiara going up, for if you want to pose her in battle mode. I will note that the first removal of this stuff can be kind of tricky, and you may need to use a little more force than you'd first think but don't use too much! These are still quite delicate figures, and you don't want to break them. (Especially since it's maybe about £30-£40/$50-$60 for a figure)


I decided to pose her like this. Beckoning someone over to fight her, all while smiling sweetly. Because Jupiter is a sweetheart who can kick your butt. Okay, so not the most imaginative of poses, but I like it.  Like I said, the articulation on these figures is really good - I can't quite show it because we know what my camera can be like for small details - but a quick look on youtube should help show that off; Vangelus tends to do a lot of Figuart reviews.


And as you can see, my inner senshi collection is now complete! Jupiter is rightfully the tallest of them, and it just makes me happy to look over and see all the girls standing together, and ready to kick monster butt. (Also bonus game; name the figures that are in the background!)

Comments

  1. Ah, she looks amazing! Bandai did a great job with all the S.H Figuarts Sailor Moon girls.

    Let's see, behind the inner senshi we have Simba, Cassandra Cain, Batman, Robin (Damien Wayne), Wonder Woman, Spider Man, Deadpool, Jane Boolittle's Sloth and Loki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen the pictures of Uranus and Neptune? Like, seriously wow! Saturn is also gorgeous. Sadly, beyond the inner Senshi, I didn't really budget for any more. I managed to save enough to be able pre-order Saturn, but Uranus and Neptune are no go >< Maybe I'll be able to get Pluto if/when they release her.

      Oh, well done you, that's almost all of them!

      Delete
    2. I have! *dreamy sigh*

      Delete
    3. They really are gorgeous. I feel a bit like Usagi, with hearts in my eyes when I see them

      Delete

Post a Comment