Disney Animators Collection: Tinkerbell

Birthday post two! Yes, I did say these would be staggered. This doll was another gift from my parents - there's one more to come after this - and was bought on the day of my birthday when we went out for a wander into town. Well, it was nice enough when we decided to go out. Okay, so before we get to the actual me telling you about the doll, I need to apologize. My camera pretty much decided to die on me in the middle of taking these photos, so I don't have many. I'm waiting on the camera to be fixed, so yeah. There have been other reviews of the Disney Animator's Collection Dolls - I believe Never Grow Up has some - but again, this is just my take on the doll.


I like that when you buy a doll in the Disney Store, you do not buy them sight unseen. Well, you do if you buy off the website, but most of the time that works out alright, so eh. But what I mean is, there's always a big clear bit on the boxes. And yes, I know that's standard across doll boxes now, but... Okay, yeah, I have no reason how to continue this. Basically, I liked being able to search through the ones they had out on the shelves, and choose which Tink I wanted to bring home with me. Well, I say I looked through. It was the Mum - like I said, she's very picky. She does pick well though.


The back of the box explains a little about the main artist, and the line of dolls, with two main illustrations of the character as an adorable toddlers. Now, if I am correct, I believe the Disney Fairies line just shows the fairies as being 'born' fully grown? Could be wrong, never actually seen any of the movies. I prefer Tink's personality in the Peter Pan novel better.


My animator's collection Merida - the only one I own and that's mostly because Merida - looked to be quite interested in getting a new friend. Actually, now that the pictures are all taken, she and Tink are displayed together, besides a winged Maleficent doll. They really are adorable little things, which I didn't think so when I first saw the news about this release. I am not really a fan of 'toddler dolls' in general, but it helps that these are exaggerated due to their animated nature.


And in this shot, we can see her shoes that bit more clearly. They're simple flat, green plastic shoes with sewn patterns on the underside, and pom-poms on each foot to mimic her slippers that little bit more. Yeah, getting her out of the backing was a bit annoying - they decided to use the plastic t ties in the back of her head. Please, don't do this Disney. It's an irritant and trust me, there's no way someone's going to get out of your stores carrying one of these out of the box without SOMEONE noticing the empty box on the shelf in time. Anyway, the amount of time it takes... wouldn't be worth it, trust me.


And here she is, freed from her backing! We can see in this picture that the dress is designed to look like a lot of leaves sewn together to make clothing. I like this; if I remember correctly it does fit better with the description of clothing given in the original Peter Pan novel. It also just makes for a cool visual on what would have otherwise been a very plain dress. The green of the dress matches the green of the shoes, something I am assured s a very important thing to do. Either match your colours, or chose something that compliments. There's a lot of fashion rules I don't get.


A close up on Miss Tinkerbell's face. She has the most adorable little impish smile that really fits with her slightly trickster personality. Since fairies are so small they can only feel one thing at a time, according to Barrie anyway, I imagine that this Tink is feeling particularly benevolent. Her eyes are a very light blue, and her hair has been done up into the little bun that is the standard image for Tink. If you are getting a Tink, you'll likely find the most variety in her fringe - that's bangs for people from the US. We can also see her wings more clearly here, and they have their pattern done in a light glitter glue that doesn't shed! Well, at least, mine doesn't.


Her profile. I'm not enitrely sure how to describe it, but the way her nose just sort of pops out is adorable. Her eyes do seem quite flat, but again, animated character. From this angle, we can also see that her ears are pointed. Pointed ears are awesome, and these ones are no different. They are really well sculpted, and help to add to the fairy vibe that she gives off. Or is she a pixie? I know in the Peter Pan movie they call her a pixie and in the book it's a fairy. I'll stick with the book. It came first.


And this is our last picture before the camera died. Sorry. This is the clearest view of the wings that I could get. The wings are attached to the dress, which closes up with Velcro. So if you change the outfit, you lose the wings. I... I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. Tink is recognisable from her face alone, but I would have liked to see if they could have managed to make the wings a more permanent part of her. Probably would have driven up the cost - this line currently goes for £20 a doll, same as most Monster High releases - but ti would have been interesting to see.

That's all I got. The one word that sums Miss Tinkerbell up is,without a doubt, adorable. I mentioned that I'm not really a fan of the whole toddler doll thing, and I'm really not. Like I said, it's really the fact that these are based on animated designs that makes me interested in them. Also, the Mum find them adorable: she likes Mulan in her little pink outfit. I personally would really like to get Tiana next; but considering that I don't really have all that much room, I can't say if another one of this line would be joining us. I feel very contended and lucky to have the two that I have, and would recommend them for collectors and children alike.

Just, seriously, keep scissors on hand for getting them out of the backing.

Comments