Disney Plush and Me: The Lion King

Hello, and welcome to another Disney Plush and Me! This time, we're looking at The Lion King! I know I've already reviewed two of the plush that are based on the musical, so those won't be included this time round. And yes, this will be looking at any and all plush from across the franchise - with an update likely due whenever they release plush for the Lion Guard and I get hold of a Kion. Maybe. Hopefully. If it's not too pricy. Anyway, here we go!


So the first one we're going to look at is Simba, which I got in Disneyland Paris back in ... 2003 or 2004, I believe. So I've had him for ten years, now. And he's still as soft and fluffy as he was on day one! Lion King was having it's 10th anniversary round about then, so there was a lot of stuff connected to it in the park, and I was determined to not come away without my own Simba and Nala. He was bought in Tomorrowland, I believe. Near the theatre where they tend to show whatever little shows they have going on. That summer it was The Legend of the Lion King. I didn't get seeing it, sadly, but I've heard it was very good, and it now available on youtube, so maybe I'll check it out.


Apologies for the Doctor Who DVDs - well, I mean their inclusion in this picture. I needed something to proper this Nala up at little as she's in a lying position, which meant without a prop you wouldn't see her face as clearly. And yeah, you read that right, this is Nala. She was bought at the exact same time as Simba, from the exact same store, and frankly I don't care that she's not the 'right shade'. I believe she was based more on The Legend of the Lion King design, but I find her beautiful.


And yes, I took a picture of the tag just to show you that this is an authentic Disneyland Paris item. Well, technically was because I don't believe they sell this particular design anymore, but you get the point I was making, yes? Being the intelligent people you all surely are.


This is Kissing Cub Kiara from The Lion King II: Simba's Pride. I've had her so long that I can't actually remember getting her properly. I just remember opening up the parcel one day, with her and Kovu in it, and immediately jumping to hug the Mum and the Dad. Considering how long I've had her, she's in very good condition, and I'm still very fond of her.


Kissing Cub Kovu! Gotten at the same time as Kiara, these two have never been apart from each other, and have been kept in very good condition. I may have been a bit on my stuff when I was younger, but I did seem to know which stuff I needed to keep in good condition. Oh, and in case anyone was wondering...


...The magnets still work brilliantly!  think this is mostly because I didn't play with that aspect of them too much when I was younger, preferring to have the act out whatever adventure I could think up for the pair. They both got equal share in being the 'hero' of the story, though I think Kiara made a few more saves than Kovu did, because she was more of a thinker.


Bean bag Kovu! Okay, so fun story time. When the movie originally came out: I could not find Kovu and Kiara anywhere. That's why I was so happy when the Mum and the Dad had managed to get hold of the Kissing Cubs versions for me. One of my cousins had these versions, and I remember being jealous, not that she had them, but that she had managed to find them. And yeah, it's one of those things that's always irked me slightly, not being able to find them. So... relatively recently, I went searching on eBay. And I found them, for a fantastic price! As you can see, Kovu is in brilliant condition, and he's still really soft.


Bean bag Kiara! Well, I just told you the story of these two up under Kovu's picture, so I'll add something to it. At the time this movie came out, once a year, we used to take a trip down to the big Metro Shopping centre. I would save up my money so I could go to the Disney Store and have a little spending spree to myself. Okay, so I never actually spent all that much but come on, I was like 8 at the time, it seemed like a lot to me. But even that Disney Store didn't have Kovu and Kiara. I believe I ended up getting a Mulan and Shang two doll pack. I have no idea what happened to that doll pack. I'd like to know, or see if I could find it again. There's a few childhood things that just sort of ... disappeared that I'd like to try to find again.


Bought only a couple of weekends ago, the newest Simba mini bean bag plush from the Disney Store. I was taking advantage of the deal they were having on their bean bags. This Simba has a bit of a fat face, but I kind of find it endearing. I love the little tufts of hair as well.


And finally I have a Nala that is the right shade! She was the last one in the store, actually, so I'm glad I went when I did. And yes, I still adore my first Nala a lot, this second Nala is just a lovely little treat to myself.

And that's my Lion King plush. I'm meant to be seeing the musical in May - hopefully - so I may pick up another of the musical inspired plush. I'm also hoping to be able to get a Kion when he appears on the shelves, though I don't know if I'll ever actually get seeing the Lion Guard. I'll expect I'll see clips of it online. Until next time, peoples!

Comments