Figma 200: Hatsune Miku

Another weekend, another convention. Okay, so I'm writing this review on Sept 7th, so yes, technically I have just been at a convention. I had a lovely time, thanks for asking. It was MCM Scotland and it was stowed out. In a great way. I managed to pick up some anime DVDs that I have been looking for for a while, and I also got this lovely little thing. And yes, this is another case of me saving up so I could have a little bit of spending money. This will only be a quick review, because Figma figures tend to come with a lot of little parts, and I am not in the mood to play let's lose the part. So, here we go!


The side of the box. This particular Figma is of Hatsune Miku, who is a Vocaloid character. I... don't know much about Vocaloid, I'll be honest, but I've always like the character design of Miku, and ths particular set was one that I was very much interested in getting since I heard about it. The box is in Miku's colours of green and black with some pink


The front of the box through which we can see dear little Miku


The other side of the box. The wings are included, as we'll see later on. I like the clear view of Miku's face here. According to TVTropes, Miku is the breakout character of the Vocaloids, which would explain why it's much easier to find merchandise of her than of any of the others. I don't actually know what genre of music it is she's meant to 'sing', but I can't help but see her as cyber rock.


Back of the box which shows the various poses that you can put Miku in. Figma, as a general rule, are some of the most articulated figures out there. Which means you can have a lot of fun with them, actually.


The box again - I've got to admit, I like how simple the front design is. No flap to lift to see the figure you're getting, you can just check it out via the plastic window.


And here is Miku in her plastic container. There's no tape holding the plastic together, which I am personally a fan of because the tape just tends to make a mess in the long run. As we can see here, she comes with face plates, a mic and mic-stand, and a guitar. She also has a spare pair of hands.


She also has wings! Yeah, I had to sit these on the box for you to be able to see them properly. They're nice looking thing, though I am terrified of taking them out in case I break them. No, it's not that they're particularly fragile - though, like with all collector figures, handle with care - it's just that I have the unfortunate luck of breaking stuff when I really don't mean to.


Okay, so as we can see here, Miku comes with a stand and 5 extra pairs of hands, making for 7 pairs in total, when we count the two in the top layer of the packaging. That is... a lot of hands. They do come on something that lets you keep them tidy though, which is always a good thing.


And here's Miku without that top layer of plastic over her. I like her hair, it's very long. I mean, totally impractical, but it's cool. I also like her colour scheme - something that apparently isn't done with Vocaloids now - which I feel is kind of a nice counter to the constant pinks that are usually present in female idol type singers. And yeah. pretty sure Miku comes nder that classification. Not 100% though, so don't quote me on it.


Figmas always come with this little bag to store all the bits and pieces in. It's nice of Max Factory to include stuff like that


I mentioned earlier that Miku came with face plates. So this picture is just to show that, yes, the face can be removed. You need to be careful about it, but you ease out the fringe (or bangs) before easing out the face. Then it's simply putting in whichever one it is that you want to have on her. I didn't swap the faces during the course of the review, but I'm thinking about doing it later on.


Miku out of the box and lying down. Her colour looks a bit washed out here, but I'm pretty sure that's because of the white background. She's a darling little figure, just a little smaller than the Sailor Moon figuarts.


And here she is on her stand! Excuse the mat underneath her, it's on my table to prevent any marks on the wood. As we can see, her colours are very vibrant, and she's a cheer wee thing to look at. There's such cuteness about her, that I can't pt my finger on what causes the cuteness, if that makes any sort of sense to anyone.


And I'll close out with this picture, of Miku with my Hatsune Miku Licca-chan. It helps to show the height difference, plus it's just cool. From my experiences with her, I'd recommend picking up this figure if you can. Shes fun and she's cute, all the best things.

Comments