Sailor Saturn by Bandai's S.H.Figuarts

She is the Senshi of Silence, her appearance means the doom of all, and she's freakin' adorable, I'm not even going to lie. Okay, so Sailor Saturn has always been one of my favourite of the Outer Senshi when it comes to Sailor Moon - I also really like Sailor Pluto (because SHE CONTROLS TIME). And today - the day I'm writing, 9th September - my Figuart version of her finally arrived. It felt like it took far too long. I've never had anything to do with Sailor Saturn before, so this will be a short review because I really was way too excited to take too many pictures. Also the camera was playing up again. Ugh to that. Apologies.


The front of the box! They've used Saturn's purple base colour as the primary colour of the box. I'm all in favour of this; it makes it easier to work out whose box I'm seeing if it's at a distance. Again with the pop art feel to the front cover which personally I quite like, but I know it's something that not a lot of people like. To each their own, I suppose We also have a clear view of Saturn herself, looking adorable. Such an adorable little weapon of mass destruction, she is.


With thanks to the The Brother for helping to hold up the box in this review, it wouldn't stay still when I placed it down. Aswe can see, the side has another image of the figure, wearing one of her face-plates. This is actually a full body shot which I think shows how much shorter she is when compared to the other Sailor Senshi.


Back of the box, showing of the various poses that you can put Saturn into, and her various face-plates. Despite owning a Figma and Figuarts, I'm not actually sure which of them has the best articulation, and thus the best ability for posing. Maybe I'll do a comparison post at some point, Miku versus Saturn. Or something like that, we'll see.


The other side flap. I like how calm Saturn looks here. Like she's just about to release the storm of pure destruction. Though I'm sure ChibiMoon would have something to say about that. Speaking of, I hope she gets a figuart as well. I'm still waiting on word of Pluto at the momemt though. I really want the keeper of time. She can hang out with my Doctors.


So... they've actually provided things to hold the hand together. That's a bit Figma of them. Actually, I'm being unfair, I like this. I always worry about the small hands going missing - which almost happened today when I changed Saturn's hand to a holding grip to allow her to hold her glaive. She also comes with three extra face plates.


And the now standard stand, with her own name and sign on it. It's simple, it does its job, yeah, it's a worthy accessory. Though I kind of which they were just round instead of always shaped like hearts, but you can't win them all, can you? This does allow for some more posing space, so we'll let it go. Actually, I should show you one of the figures that DOES come with a larger stand. Hm...


Now, this is just to show the height different. She's a good bit shorter than the other Senshi, particularly when standing next to Jupiter.


And here she is! All standing on her own, looking happy and powerful and I really do love this figure. I've been wanting something to do with Sailor Saturn since I was a kid, so to get this is amazing. The paint applications are all clean, with no smudges, and she came very well packaged. All in all, it's going to be popular among the Sailor Moon fans. She'll sell fast.

What next? ... I don't know. I cannot to be affording Sailor Neptune and Uranus, mostly because of when they are due out - near Christmas is always a tight time for money. I can hope I will have the money for Pluto when her pre-order goes up, but who knows really? As for what will be next to be reviewed... you'll just need to wait and see!

Comments