Fate/Stay Night Archer by Max Factory's Figma

First things first. I do not know what is going on with my camera lately. I admit I'm not the best photographer in the world, but the quality that's coming out of it seems bad even to me. And that's saying a lot. So yes, I am apologising for the state of the pictures in this review, and possibly the next couple unless I get the thing fixed somehow. We're looking at yet another Figma today (yeah, there'll be a few of these coming up) and like always with this figures, it's just a quick overview because too many little parts to be losing. 


So Archer uses grey and black as the base colours for the box, though I think the black is standard for most Figma now. Older boxes are more colourful - if the one I'm waiting for arrives, I'll show you what I mean. The little holographic sticker on the front is for Type Moon, the company that makes the Fate/Stay Night visual novel. I've .... not played it, but I've watched the anime and Archer was a fun character. Enough to make me interested in the figure when it came out, anyway


Side of the box. Figma boxes are a lot better at standing unaided than Figuart boxes, I'll give them that. We get another picture of Archer, in which he looks fierce. He only has two face plates, his default one, and a screaming one. So not much if you like a lot of expressive faces, I'll admit.


And now we can see all the poses that Archer can be put into. I am not going to try a lot of these because when I picked my Archer up, his left leg fell off. Now, I have done some research via Google and Figma parts are easy to place back together but it was kind of annoying to have that happen. I don't think I've got it in properly either, it still feels a little loose to me. Well, sometimes. I guess what I'm saying is careful with Archer's legs. As odd as it sounds.


Other side of the box. Nothing much to be said about it. Picture of Archer looking battle ready. As he should be, but I don't think this is the place to get into all the ins and outs of the Holy Grail War that is the basis of the Fate series. I don't think I fully understand it myself anyway.


The top of the box. It's always nice to have something to look at while you're unboxing. This shows off Archer's screaming face-plate. It's ... alright. Yeah, that's about as much as I have to say for it.


Double layered Figma! Being an Archer class servant. Archer of course has his bow and arrow. This is actually a fairly fragile piece, and one that I don't think would be up to repeated putting on and off of the figure. The bow that is. I'd be careful - the hand grip for it is very tight. It is a great piece to have though, and I'm glad it was included.


And here he is is. He comes with his two swords because despite being archer class, Archer takes any means he can to win. He's like that. These fit into his gripping hands far better than his hands than the bow does, so they would last the repeated changing I think.


Like all Figmas, Archer comes with a stand and extra hands, six pairs in this case. And yes, they were all popped out from the holder. I'm ... not sure why. I've got them all back in, but in no way lined up. I'll sort that out later once I've chosen which hands will stay on Archer for his pose.


In this case, Archer doesn't actually need a stand, being able to do so pretty well on his own. His coat looks awesome, and the paint applications are fantastic for this scale. I can't see any mistakes in the fine lines, which is always a hard thing to achieve to so well done to whoever was in charge of making sure of decent paint on these figures.


Another quick look at his screaming face and two swords. The screaming face just looks ... weird to me. I know, I know, that makes no sense, but it's true. I think his default face does a lot more at expressing anger in a situation. Maybe that's just me though.


Okay, so what do I think of Archer overall? Eh, he's alright. I think Figma are asking a lot of money for how little comes with their figures now, and if it wasn't for the fact that I find the character interesting, I really would have passed on this figure. As it is, I do like the figure himself - the accessories will likely stay in box to stay safe - even with his left leg's tendency to pop out. And yes, by this point of the review I have fixed it and it feels secure enough now. One for the fans, I think. 

Comments