Funko Legacy Action Figure: Game of Throne's Arya Stark

I promised this and here it is, even if it is a bit more delayed than I thought it would be. Which, to be honest, is really only by a week which is far better than I thought this was going to be so... Okay, yeah, so I'm making excuses. Sorry about that, I did mean to get this up earlier but as you read in last week's review, Wicked happened. So. Title - we're looking at one of the Funko Legacy Action Figures, from the Game of Thrones line. My personal favourite character: Arya, of House Stark


Okay, so the front of the box is pretty boring. Actually, even the back of the box is fairly boring when it comes to box design. At least compared to some of the boxes that I've shown before. That being said, there is a lot to be said for the simple design. A number to tell you which release it is, a colour per House, all of which make them recognizable when on a shelf.

Packaging on the other hand...

The figure is not only enclosed in a tightly fitted plastic holder. To this, they feel the need to add many thick and difficult twist ties. It's not pleasant, I'll be honest, and I found myself feeling more than a bit frustrated, as well as fairly concerned that I might end up breaking poor Arya before I got her out of her restraints. Did manage to get her out though; eventually.


Here she is! This is Arya from her seres 2 onwards look - Arry as some call it. Basically, it's her as she travels with the Night Watch onwards. And no, that's not a spoiler, it was in the episode summaries. As far as looks go, this one is fairly accurate to the character, even though I'm not entirely sure it completely captures Maisie Williams' personality completely. And the hairline is probably a little too much back.

However, these are really just quibbles, and the thoughts were just brought on from my frustration with the inner packaging. It's actually a pretty awesome looking figure, and well scaled with the others in the Game of Thrones line so that if you did manage to collect a House - I would like to get some others from House Stark - they would look relatively the right heights. At least, for action figures, anyway.


Okay, this is an awkward looking picture, I know. The point of this picture was to try to show off the articulation on these figures. Funko have done well; with each figure having at least 20 points of articulation. The only thing is, well, they tend to be a bit stiff. Actually, make that a lot stiff, and they need to be worked to ensure that they can actually move. Problem is how much you work them - force it too much and you might just snap off a limb. And yeah, it does feel like a limb might snap off when you're trying to move it a little. Caution to be taken, I would advise.

I have heard a little hot air applied to the articulated area can help, but it's something I've always been a little wary of trying myself. If you do manage to try it and it works, more power to you, and please tell me!


Overall? I'm very pleased with my Arya figure. The only real 'fault' with this line, apart from my nitpicks, are in the accessories. For the cost of the figure, the fact that each only comes with one accessory is a little hard to bear. That being said, well, Arya only really has one trademark item in the show, and it's what she comes with so in that respect it's very accurate to the character. It would be nice to see Funko produce some other characters who maybe haven't been represented in their Vinyl Pop line for Game of Thrones in the next wave for Legacy Action Figures - I would particularly like a Gendry, what with him being another of my favourites from the show.

But yeah, this is a figure I like having in my collection, and she stands proudly beside my Damian Wayne (who, if it came to a fight between the two well, it wouldn't be young Mr. Wayne I'd lay my money on.)

Comments