On the Lack of Updates

I'm sorry guys, I really am. I got kind of sick, and then a lot of family stuff started to happen, and the whole blogging thing just sort of fell to the side. I am trying to get back in - slowly as I can - but there's still a lot family wise going on, and that's got to take priority over blogging. But since I'm here, let's have a little ramble.

Recently, we lost the great Sir Terry Pratchett, one of the finest writers in the world. If you have never had the good fortune to read one of his books, get thee to a library and seek. I recommend the Discworld series in particular. It looks at our own world, and inverts it in only the way that fantasy can, showing us something that is both familiar and different all at the same time. When you read a bok about the Disc, you aren't just reading about it. You're transported there. To Ankh-Morpork, to Lanarce, to Quirm, to Uberwald and beyond.

Because Pratchett knew something very fundamental about the writing of stories: the stories want to be told.

Comments