Rant: Packaging!

Hey guys! First off, sorry it's been a while and all you're really getting off me is book reviews lately. Well, more manga reviews. I've actually finished reading all of Yotsuba&!, but I'm determined to give a decent review to every volume because that is a ridiculously cute manga that I can openly and happily recommend to everyone and anyone. Seriously, there's nothing that could upset anyone in that, except Yotsuba herself getting upset. Right at this current moment, I want to have a word about packaging. More specifically, delivery packaging.

See, due to different factors, the only things I've been ordering lately - apart from the manga I've finished - have been gifts for other people. This will continue as my facebook feed has decided to remind me that Christmas is on the way. ... We've not even gotten to Hallowe'en yet, and while I'm all for getting your shopping done early, do they have to push it in our faces so soon? I do have some reviews to give, based off of some lovely presents I received, and they will come in time. But yes, packaging.

Why is delivery packaging from companies who do this stuff every day getting kind of, well, crap? Case in point:


As you can clearly see, this box is from the Disney Store. As you can also clearly see, it's been crushed to bits. Now, the top may be open, but I assure you, that was because it pretty much popped open once we touched it. The box was torn in the corner, and looked as if something very heavy had been sitting on it. This box in particular contained what was going to be the Christening gift for my newest baby cousin (big family, lots of cousins.) Fortunately, the gift was not damaged in any way, but still... BOX, SERIOUSLY?!

In Scotland, at the current moment, Disney are delivering using the Hermes delivery service. I've had one other parcel in box form from the store since then and that had no problems. That means I have no idea if this was a one-off, or if it's a common occurence but either way this should not have been a problem at all! Hermes is a fairly alright delivery service - you hear mixed reports - but they should know enough to know how to place boxes in their vans/cars/whatever they're using for delivery these days. As for the Disney Store themselves, well, they're actually fairly decent and if there was damage to the items, I'm sure I would have been offered some sort of compensation. 

But I can't help but worried each time I have to buy something online. And buying online has become a lot more of a normal thing to do than it is trying to go into town and hope to find the thing we're looking for. Has anyone else experience something like this from a company that really should know better? 

Hope to have some reviews up for you soon! 

Comments

  1. Nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic on packaging store

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment