Thinking About: Dream Dolls

Sometimes I find myself looking on eBay. Not at anything in particular, just randomly typing things in so I can see pictures of stuff I like. Lately I've been looking up things from the Tonner Company. Tonner, for those who do not know, are a company which generally make higher end dolls - meaning the more expensive kind, but not quite in the category in BJDs. There's been many Tonner products that I've liked since I first became aware of the company. Lately I've been admiring Evangline Ghastly
Image found via Google. I do not own it. 
Evangeline has a very odd sort of beauty to her, and I'll admit when I first saw this doll I wasn't really that much of a fan. Her facial features came across as too exaggerated for my tastes, and her hands were almost comically large. Now, though, I can't help but look at her and think that actually, I really quite like the look of her. Dollars to pounds conversion shows her as a little on the dearer side, but nothing too much out of the extraordinary.

Here's the issue: I live in the UK and customs is ... particularly difficult.

Yeah, this is the thought that plagues a lot of my life, even for small things like books. While buying within the European Union generally provides no customs charge (at the time of this writing, it is 9 days until the Brexit referendum) buying from elsewhere can incur large fees. Which makes an expensive item even more costly, and sometimes makes it lose its appeal.

My big hope, really, is that one appears on eBay and stays there long enough for me to save up the money to purchase it. Ideally it would be Evangeline herself, but I think that one of the other ladies in the line would not be too bad to have. My hope is for Evangeline, however. her sculpt is the one that I now like the most. Maybe one day I will be able to update the blog with a notice that I have her, I hope I can.

For now, I'll just sit here and feel slightly greedy at wanting such a lovely thing. And to all those who also have dream dolls? I hope you are able to find them at the price which is best suited to you!

Comments

  1. Maybe try one of the vinyls? They're so much cheaper. And definitely scout out owner pics on Flickr, ebay, etc. because they often look a lot different than the promos. There's something (often bad) about the makeup that the promo pics just don't quite show a lot of times.

    I used to have the original resin Evangeline and ended up not bonding with her at all. I rewigged her and had her dressed in several different outfits, but nothing worked, even though she's pretty much exactly my type of doll. I've been drawn to Parnilla over the subsequent years and I may try one of her eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the vinyl ones I'm looking at, but they still work out as too expensive going by what UK sets the customs are. Everything coming in gets hit by it, sadly, so dolls are not exempt the way they are in the US.

      I have been looking at owner pictures more than stock pictures, to be honest. It's the owner pictures that have sparked this interest. I have found a Parnilla on eBay that is UK based, it's a basic version of her. It would just be a case of needing her to stay in stock while I save. Which is proving harder because of real life money needs.

      Oh well, one day ^^.

      Delete

Post a Comment