FriDoll Five: Furnishings

1. Do you have any furniture for your dolls? 1/6 scale or SD scale or other?
I have a small chair that came with my L nendoroid, and a soft sofa that fits the minis, but otherwise that's it. I would like to get a bench or chairing system for some of them. Or even some stands, stands would be great. There's doll I'd like to display but can't due to the fact they can't stand on their own. Monster High/Ever After High stands don't really give display options for other dolls. So yeah, something like that would be nice.

2. Where do you keep your doll furniture? In a doll-room, on a shelf, in a display case, etc...
L is sitting in his chair, and currently the soft sofa is beside some of my action figures because I had an idea for a photo that I haven't taken yet. I really should do that...

3. Do you have any:
- plastic doll furniture (e.g. Barbie, Gloria)
- wood/upholstered doll furniture
- fabric furniture (beanbag chairs, etc) 
- store-bought furniture
- custom-made furniture
- home-made or customized/repainted/reupholstered furniture
- some other kind of furniture not listed here
Erm... well the sofa seems to be custom made, out of fabric soo... that?

4. Of the above categories, what's your favorite type or style of furniture?
I think I'd say custom, if only because a lot of the pre-existing stuff doesn't necessarily suit the styles I have in mind for my dolls.

5. Let's say you're given an unlimited budget to decorate a doll-room. What kind of furniture would you buy? Who would live there?
I'd make Merida's throne room. No question. I think next would be the Haunted Manor for Gracey and the characters I've got that fit into a story that the manor would suit. Not sure where I'd put it though, but it'd be nice. I think on the more possible to do scale, I'd just try to make a place for all my figuarts/figmas to hang out. I seem to have amassed a good sized collection there, and I don't actually know how as I don't really buy that many figures.

Comments