The FriDoll Five: Let's Go Outside

1. Have you ever had someone (a friend, a stranger, a passer-by) show interest in your dolls? If so, how did you respond? Or how do you think you'd respond?
I have had this happen once or twice. Generally they get a little curious, and I explain what I can to them. Sometimes the curiosity is the kind of interest, and sometime it's the kind that can relate to someone wondering why an adult is buying a toy for themselves. Yeah, I live in an area where doll (and toy) collecting is still a very niche thing, so it can be a little odd at the local stores. Going into the local city makes the whole thing easier because those stores generally understand.

2. Would you ever photograph your doll...
- indoors, using artificial light?
- indoors, using natural light?
- outdoors, when nobody is around (or in a semi-private place, like a backyard)?
- outdoors, in the public, with people around?
Yes to all of the above. Granted, in public, I'm more likely to have an action figure on me than a doll but the principal is the same. If I know I'm going somewhere I could get a nice picture, I will take something with me. When I went to see Wicked a year or two ago, I took my Wicked Witch doll along with me. I was fortunate enough to meet some of the cast and they got ridiculously excited over the doll - the one who was playing Elphaba told me that her parents tried to get her a Wicked Witch doll when she got the role. That was a genuinely lovely moment.

3. Have you ever gone on an outing (picnic, dolly-clothes shopping, etc) with a doll? Did you take any photos?
I have not done this. I think, when I was a lot younger, I may have went on a teddy bear picnic with a local playgroup but I could be wrong. I wouldn't actually mind having a teddy bear picnic, or at least setting one up for photos. Would need to get a little play tea-set, but that wouldn't be too hard. Or it shouldn't be too hard, in theory.

4. Would you ever go to an off-line gathering of doll-friends? Which doll(s) would you take?
I would love to go to a doll meet type thing. There doesn't really seem to be any in Scotland, at least not that I can find out about. I suspect I would take my Wednesday Addams obitsu and... maybe Maudlynne Macabre? I can't really think who else I'd like to take. It would need to be someone I wouldn't get too tired carrying. Maybe my little Jun Planning Ai BJDs would be nice.

5. Would you ever take your doll(s) to a convention? If so, how would you like to carry them around?
I have actually taken one to a convention before, because there was meant to be a doll meet happening that never actually happened. I wrapped her up carefully and put her in the bag I was taking with me to the convention so I didn't lose her. I was in cosplay that day and the doll wouldn't have worked with said cosplay, otherwise she would have been out and about.

Comments