FriDoll Five: Creepy or Cute or Both?

1. Living Dead Dolls and Living Dead Doll Minis and Living Dead Doll RagDolls and Living Dead Dollies: Creepy or Cute or Both? (Warning: Website is image-intensive and may be disturbing to some.)
Both, I'd say. I've only ever personally owned one of their Dead Famous line, but I can admit to finding some of the LDDs quite cute. I just also think there's some that just go too far to be creepy and disturbing and it just ends up off-putting instead. Personally, at least. I know there's a huge following for them, and I can understand it. I don't think I'd ever really get into them - there's one or two I wouldn't say no to owning, but honestly, I can't see - at this moment in time - a place for them in my collection.

2. Big-Headed dolls (including but not limited to Blythe, Pullip, Bratz, MyScene, MameMomoko): Creepy or Cute?
A lot of the dolls I have come under this category. Actually I think every doll I own does. I personally find them cute, but I can see why some would find them creepy. I think how big the head is can contribute a lot here. Most of mine, while large, aren't really huge for their scale. They're proportionally big, if that makes sense?

3. Anatomical correctness/detail on dolls (you can choose to include or leave out the specifics in your answer): Creepy or Cute? Does it matter if it's a female doll or a male doll? Is age or the size of the doll a factor?
I honestly have no opinion either way here but I would say that AGE of the doll is definitely a factor in it. Dolls that are meant to be adults? Go for your life to whatever degree of correctness you wish to have. Otherwise, just no.

4. Matching outfits for dolly and you: Creepy or Cute? Alternately, are there any doll outfits you wish you had in *your* size?
Hm... There's some dolls that have outfits I would quite like, so in a sense yes, but not deliberately so? Unless it's cosplay, of course. I'd really love Gracey's outfit and my BeGoths have amazing outfits that I would love to own. So I'd just point there.

5. Pre-teen dolls cosplaying or dressed up as adults: Creepy or Cute? (Including but not limited to CustomHouse Cosplay AI, the WaterBabies dressed as as Shrek and Fiona and Donkey, Anna Geddes dolls, etc.)
Depends on how it's done really. Majority of the time it's just really cute. Plus it is something that happens in real life, so people expressing that in dolls isn't so unusual, really.  I plan to make an outfit for one of my dolls that is technically cosplay though the character in question is about ages with the doll's intended age so I guess that's okay. Basically it can be fun, and as long as it doesn't get skeevy, I don't see the harm.

Comments