The FriDoll Five: Dolls and Seasons

1. First of all: What are the seasons like where you live? (hot, dry, rainy, humid, cold, freezing, etc)
I live in Scotland. We can have all the seasons in one day. We actually did on the day that I'm writing this. As such... it can be hard to judge. You're best just trying to keep a coat with you just in case.

2. Many toy companies and doll-parts companies have darker skin as well as lighter skintones. Do you consider these dolls to be tanned, or just having a darker complexion, or something else?
Erm... I consider them to represent the fact that people have different pigmentation in skin? I... I feel like this question is really weirdly worded? I'm not sure if they mean different ethnicities, or just referring to something like... like Malibu Barbie who was tanned compared to ... I cant even think of an example right now, But yeah. Weird question.

3. For people who buy dolls: Do you have any seasonal dolls? (e.g. Beach-themed dolls, winter sports-themed dolls) For people who customize their own dolls: Have you ever made a doll themed to a certain holiday or season?
I do actually have a seasonal doll, but that was sort of accidental? It was a two pack and the two pack was the only way I could get hold of one of the dolls. It was also on sale so... Yeah, sale is going to motivate me the most I think ;P I haven't made a doll that is themed to a holiday. It's just... never occurred to me to do that.

4. Have you ever made season-themed photos or photostories for your dolls? (e.g., a beach story in the summer, winter holidays story in the winter)
Sort of yeah. I take advantage of weather when I can because it can change the look of something in such a simple way. No photostories as yet, though. If I do any like that - because I have planned some - they usually take place in my room. Because I call it "Life in the Room." ... Yeah, it's a weak title, I know, but I like it. I may start posting some of it here. Maybe. Or I'll make a new blog for it.

5. For those of you who sew for your dolls: Do you sew/knit outfits so that they'll be ready for [insert name of season or holiday]? Or do you wait until the season inspires you? For those who buy outfits for your dolls: Do you have any feelings (positive or negative) towards winter-themed dolls and clothes showing up in August, or summer-themed dolls/clothes showing up in winter?
I think I will need to make Macintosh his cloak, but otherwise... No, not really? Though I am always in the mood for making costumes or buying costumes. Hallowe'en is a state of mind, not just a time of year.

Comments