The FriDoll Five: Stand(s) in the Place You Live

1. Do you have any doll stands?
I do, yes. Not as many as doll types though. Just the ones that came with certain dolls. So mostly just Ever After High/Monster High stands.

2. For those of you who have doll stands: What kind of stands do you like best? (metal, wooden, telescoping/adjustable, saddle, waist-clamp)
I don't know what type of material I like - except no wooden please - but I like them to be adjustible. For those with fabric clothing, it can vary. If it's a long dress, I will say a saddle stand, otherwise waist is fine. I'm also a little fond of those ones that just clip around the leg? Though you need to be sure the doll can stand in that stance.

3. For people who display their dolls on shelves, etc: Do you put them in poses? Use stands? Have them standing or sitting?
For people who store their dolls: Do you store them sitting, standing, lying down? Do you do anything special to protect their hair or face?
Display: all of the above. It just really depends on the doll, and what is available to me for them. If the doll is capable of standing unassisted that can be a great help, but it doesn't necessarily mean I will have them standing all the time. Variety is the spice of life, and that kind of thing.
Storage: I have a box, and I have bags. I have some soft tissue paper. I store them all lying down and with as much care as I can. For playline dolls, I don't really do anything special because, frankly, this is a doll that was designed to be played with. For anything else, I am quite careful.

4. Have you ever customized or tweaked a doll to increase poseability?
I have rebodied a few on to a more articulated body. Merida is the best example of this - I took my dear girl and gave her a made to move body and now she can climb the Crone's Tooth easily if she wants.

5. Do you prefer dolls that can stand on their own, or does it not matter?
I do like it when dolls can stand on their own as it makes taking photos so much easier but honestly, it doesn't really matter. Sometimes the ones that can stand on their own still need a little bit of help.

Comments