The FriDoll Five: Scents and Sensitivity

1. Do you own any pets, wear a favorite perfume, or smoke?
None of the above. I do use deodorant, but I don't spray that near any of the dolls.

2. If you own pets/wear perfume a lot/smoke, do you take any steps to protect your dolls from pet hair, dander, smoke or animal scents? If you *don't* do any of the above, do you think that sellers who do have a responsibility to "protect" their dolls?
I think they have a responsibility to let potential buyers know if there could be animal hair or traces of smoke on the item they're selling, otherwise... No, not so much? Materials pick up scents of all sorts of things, even being sent in a box can leave a smell on something. Warn in case of allergies, but otherwise, just use common sense and buyer beware?

3. Have you ever washed a doll or doll clothes? What materials did you use?
I have, and I used washing up liquid. Made a tub of warm water, squeezed in a bit of liquid, and set about gently washing the item of clothing. I also washed a doll using washing up liquid, but that was because it was the only thing that got rid of the musty smell that came with it.

4. Have you ever owned or customized a "scented" doll? Did you like it?Not that I can think of, no. I don't know if I would like to own a scented doll. Sometimes the smells can be a bit too sickly sweet.

5. Taking a cue from Mattel's upcoming Silver Edition Chocolate Obsession Barbie (design by Robert Best), which has chocolate-toned hair and clothing *and* is scented like chocolate... If you could design a doll around a signature scent (could be food, flower, favorite perfume), what would it be like? (The doll itself doesn't have to be scented.)
... Um... No clue. Honestly. I guess I would use one of the perfumes my Mum wears, because they smell lovely, but beyond that I genuinely have no clue as to how I would go about this.

Comments