Disney Designer Fairytale Collection: My Thoughts

I've never really been one of the big collectors when it comes to the designer dolls that Disney releases. I have the ones that I like, and that's pretty much it. I've only ever queued up for a set twice, and both times I was fortunate enough to be able to get the ones I was looking for with no problem whatsoever - no flaws in the dolls either.

Sorry about the flash
I'm focusing on this Fairytale Collection because it seems like this past year, there had been a lot of issues. At first the dolls weren't selling out - though in Glasgow, they did and on the first day each time, but we only got a select amount - and it seemed as though there was next to no interest in them. On the Disney Pin Forum, there were comments of people recieving sets only for the dolls to be flawed and needing replaced and it all seems to have lead to one big question: is the market for these dolls disappearing?

Honestly, I don't think it is. I just think that the market is being flooded with 'designer' or 'limited' sets from different companies - Disney being one of the worst offenders - and a lot of consumers just don't have the spare money lying around to be able to afford all of them. Within the space of a week, Disney released five designer dolls related to Beauty and the Beast, all at £100 each. That is a lot of money for anyone to be out, even if they're incredibly rich. 

As for quality control... I really don't know what to say there. Personally, my sets are incredibly beautiful, and mean so much to me. Sometimes I wonder if people are being too picky when it comes to finding flaws but then I remember how much these things cost and, well, I can't really blame them. I don't know how these dolls are made and packaged, but I have to assume that even with the most careful eye, a couple of things are bound to slip through. It's not perfect, the world isn't, but people are trying. 

Though I have to admit, now I just really want them to add Alice and Peter (and maybe Wendy, too) to the classic doll line up. They've clearly got the face sculpts and right body size. It would be nice to be able to pick them up. 

Or is that too much wishful thinking?

Comments