Review: Bill & Ted's Most Triumphant Return

Bill & Ted's Most Triumphant Return Bill & Ted's Most Triumphant Return by Brian Lynch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bill & Ted's Most Triumphant Return is a comic book that I feel like I have waited my whole life for, despite the fact that my liking of the Bill & Ted franchise has only been for about 20 years of my life. Yes, that might be a good majority of it as of this writing, but semantics people.

There is really not a lot I can say about the story of this comic - immediately following the events of Bogus Journey, and thus wiping the previous comics from canon - that won't somehow spoil what happens. I can say there is a lot of time travel, a lot of seeing how Bill and Ted effect the people around them, and a lot of excellent adventures.

As Alex Winters puts it in the foreword: there is no suckage. This is a most triumphant return of two characters who are likely the nicest characters I've ever come across. I am one of the many waiting on the third movie and I really hope it doesn't become prey to retro-cynicism and stays idealistic because it's such an important part of the films. The comic knows that as well: Bill and Ted's message of "be excellent to each other" is clear within the stories told, and their rise to fame being based around that simple idea is one that makes me smile.

This is most non-bogus, fellow lovers of reading. I sincerely suggest picking up a copy and checking it out for yourself. Also, completely sincerely, from the bottom of my heart:

Be Excellent to Each Other... and Party On, Dudes!

View all my reviews

Comments