Review: Corpse Talk

Corpse Talk Corpse Talk by Adam Murphy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I first came across Corpse Talk by Adam Murphy at the 2016 Glasgow Comic Con event held at the Royal Concert Hall. I was sold on the premise of the book - a talk show featuring famous people through history as the zombie guests? I am not going to lie at all, it's a fantastic premise. The strips are published originally in The Phoenix Comic which I haven't actually come across in stores as of yet, and that's been nearly a year I've been looking.

The humour of Corpse Talk is the kind that would be very familiar and welcome to fans of Horrible Histories, particularly the live action sketch series. It's not that the comic is all laughs - though that does make up the majority of it - it's that the historical facts are very much spot on. There are equal showings from both males and females throughout history, with a larger example on European and early North American history. This is due to the view point of the author - history in the UK school system is more likely to focus on these areas, and it would make sense for the author to follow it.

I would recommend this comic for those who like Horrible Histories.

View all my reviews

Comments