2017 Round Up.

1. What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before? Traveled first class both directions on a holiday? Erm. Oh, had to plan a wedding anniversary celebrations for my parents - it was their ruby wedding and we went down to London and on the actual day we took them out for lunch. It was nice.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't actually make resolutions. I tend to get a bit too worked up about them, which is never good.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No one in my family or friends did, but two neighbours did not too long before Christmas. Little girls, both.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Couple of cousins and my Great Aunt.

5. What countries did you visit? England, technically, since we went down to London. Otherwise it was a pretty much staying in Scotland year.

6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017? More control over things. More money that is not needed for bills/repairs/etc. Little things, really. Oh, more opportunities to meet up with friends.

7. What date from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? No one day is actually sticking out to me? A lot of days that should have been good in 2017 were not due to low moods and what not. May kind of sticks out semi-positively for a shallow reason - I bought and received my very first Pullip dolls.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being able to handle the buses in London during peak busy times. Without killing anyone for rudeness or going into too much of a panic attack.

9. What was your biggest failure? Too many low moods. I know I can't really control them as such, but when one lasted nearly two months, it feels like a huge failure on my part.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Um, yeah. Mental illness primarily - high depression, severe stress and severe anxiety. Towards the end of the year, it was brought up that I could possibly be autistic, and now I'm waiting on word about being tested for that so we know for sure. It's a fun ride. My Dad broke his ankle right before we went to London, so that was fun, him wearing this massive heavy boot during this really hot week.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Hm... I got a really awesome pair of boots that I love to pieces. Got some gorgeous additions to my Charlie Bears collection... Got my favourite anime on blu-ray... Got my Mum some really kick-ass earrings and my Dad this awesome waistcoat. I don't know, there's been a few that come to mind for this.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? The Mum, the Dad, and the Brother. It's not easy dealing with someone who's mood can change quite rapidly and who bursts into tears for no real reason, but they're doing well. Plus they're just awesome people. Well, the Brother can be a brat, but he's a sibling, they're like that.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Politicians. I don't need to name names here but between the Orange One and Ms U-Turn, it's not been a great year.

14. Where did most of your money go? Household stuff mostly. Probably books next of all. I didn't actually buy that much for myself as such - I tend to sell older stuff to get money for newer stuff - but it was an expensive year due to the wedding anniversary, and the Dad's 70th birthday. Also the Mum's 65th. Had to make sure they were celebrated well. Think we did okay.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to London and seeing some friends - we also saw Bat Out of Hell which, while plotless, is still incredibly good fun. Wonder Woman was another big excitement point. Oh, and seeing The Addams Family Musical!

16. What song will always remind you of 2017? Erm ... I don't actually know? Maybe Shut Up and Dance With Me since I seemed to hear it everywhere I went this year...

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Erm, at the current moment sadder.
thinner or fatter? About the same, I think? I am trying to lose weight but it's not going well. I don't think my medication helps any.
richer or poorer? About the same, if I'm honest.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Write. Also read.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Randomly bursting into tears and not being able to control it.

20. How did you spend Christmas? Quietly, at home with the family. I watched the Doctor Who special, and napped. It was a nice day. Well, apart from the coughing because of this damned chest cold that is still lingering.

21. What will you do for New Year’s? I didn't do anything, tbh.

22. Did you fall in love in 2017? No

23. How many one-night stands? None.

24. What was your favorite TV program? Anne With an E, Doctor Who, The Worst Witch... there's a couple. I got Netflix this year.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Erm, no, not particularly.

26. What was the best book you read? I re-read Good Omens which is always and favourite one of my favourites. Best new book was probably... erm ... maybe Lilly Singh's?

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Erm... In terms of actual musicals, I was really pleased with the Broadway version of Anastasia. Well, the cast recording of it, I haven't actually seen it since I do not live in New York.

28. What did you want and get? Pullip dolls, Charlie Bears, books.

29. What did you want and not get? There's been a few things, but I try not to think on that. Mostly because on reflection it makes me feel like an awful git to focus on the not having rather appreciating what awesome stuff I have. I mean, I know we all do it, but I have a weird guilt complex.

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Wonder Woman, followed by Thor: Ragnarok and Star Wars: The Last Jedi in joint second.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I spent most of the day feeling incredibly miserable, and like I was nothing more than a useless lump taking up space and time and resources that could be better used for other things. I felt like I was an inconvience to my family, and that if I wasn't around, things would be easier for them. ... Yeah, it wasn't a good day, mentally.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not feeling like the above as often as I did.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2017? Comfortable. If I didn't have to go out, I pretty much stayed in pajamas. I tend to just prefer jeans and t-shirts anyway.

34. What kept you sane? Not much.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Erm... none?

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Do. Not. Get. Me. Started.

37. Who did you miss? A few people, but my Aunt - my godmother - tended to be missed a lot this year. It was about 10 years since we lost her, so... yeah.

38. Who was the best new person you met? Oh! New cosplay friend! Who is a friend of a friend and very awesome.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017: Water bottles are your best friend. Buy many.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "Does that make me crazy? Possibly."

Comments